Sunday, January 31, 2010

The odyssey

Over the past few years, relatives and friends have been trying to find a match for me, but sadly, it didn’t work out. Before I forget, let me note them down and allow me to explain the reasons.

1. Mr. C was a fresh postgraduate when he was introduced to me, while I’ve left college for three years, working and looking for my niche. He was young.

2. Mr. L was also a fresh postgraduate, who just accepted an offer from the ministry of commerce. He was going to be sent to an eastern European country soon. Oh, no.

3. Mr. L2 arrived early at the restaurant, sitting at a corner table, trying to peek at the girl he was gonna meet, which would be me, from the top of his book. Damn it.

4. Mr. S returned to Beijing from a northern European country after he finished his postgraduate course. He hadn’t a plan yet. Europe or China?

5. Mr. Architect whose name I can’t remember. We met in a very dimly lit cafe. He seemed to be a young and good-looking guy in there. But when exposed to bright sunlight, I suddenly noticed he looked at least ten years older, like a vampire burning in the sun.

6. Mr. Dr. whose name I can’t remember. As the old saying goes, all work and no play makes the Dr. a dull boy.

7. Mr. Common was just too common to be commented. But he had an uncommon name, which I had to refer to the dictionary to find out the correct pronunciation of one Chinese character.

8. Mr. Robust whose name I can’t remember. Had I ever saw his picture, I wouldn’t have agreed to meet with him. I have a bottom line.

9. Mr. Artist. Ah! If he were slimmer and could talk a little faster. As he said, his life tempo was slower than other people.

10. Mr. Northeast. My prejudice against people from northeastern China was proven true. They are garrulous, with an accent.

Well, exactly 10. The problem is me. This is not the right way for me. Simply judging from appearance, few could catch my interest. I’m picky. What’s worse, I’ve grown an aversion to this whole thing and feel both physically and mentally uncomfortable having dinner with strangers. It’s a disaster.

No comments: