Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dating a client? No!

A prequel to my last post

There were eyes on me. I could feel it. I hate people staring at me that way, rude and overbearing, like a predator.

It was a ski trip with clients. The pair of eyes followed me from the ski field to the cafeteria…

“Are you a fresh grad?”
“No, I’ve been working for almost four years.” I may look like a teenage girl wearing two pigtails. But don’t judge a book by its cover.

“Are you married?” He asked, no, interrogated.
“No.” Huh, straight to the point.

“What’s your msn?”

The next Monday on msn

“Today is my birthday.”
“Oh, happy birthday!” What a coincidence and how dramatic!
“Why not have dinner with me and say that in person?”
“Hmm, I don’t think it’s necessary.”

“What do you do for fun at weekends?”
“Stay home.”
“Do you like bowling?”
“I’m not interested in sports.”
“Do you like karaoke?”
“No.”
“You are so introvert?!”
Ha, I see the connotation here: what a freak you are!

I am who I am. I won’t love something just because the majority loves it. Sorry, you are not my type. Our company will organize other trainings in the future. We may meet again. But it’s just business.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Haha! I think I've been on job interviews with that guy!

"You're so young, do you want to be my private English teacher, you're so pretty, we should talk about this over dinner..."

No, I'm almost 30, I'm not even a little bit interested in finding a date!

I try to feel flattered but usually I'm just annoyed.