Friday, August 24, 2007

The choice

Yesterday was my last morning shift, my last day to get off work at 3pm.

I went to the exhibition this morning, just to familiarize myself with the new environment. I suddenly felt a bit worried. Is it the right choice to give up my current job when everything is so stable?

If I stayed, I might become a translator and probably have a chance to go to Jersey City for a four-month working trip. But how long would that take? Another two years? Sorry, I can't afford the time. Besides, I'm not really interested in being an uncreative translating machine.

If I left, well, to be honest, I don't know.

Making a choice is the most difficult test that life gives us. Nobody can foresee the influence of a choice in ten years. I don't have a crystal ball; only time can tell. Hope this time I'm not the lousy choice maker.

No comments: