Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Last minute trip to Shanxi

2012 is my 12th year in Beijing. It is the last city I wanna stay in for a 5-day Ching Ming holiday. On a lazy Wednesday afternoon, I stared at the map of China on a website, trying to find a destination for a spring fling – somewhere not too faraway as air ticket prices already went up at the last minute; somewhere not too close to bore me. On a whim, I decided to go to Shanxi.

I arrived in Datong in the morning on Saturday and met 3 girls at the airport. As we were going to the same places, I decided to join them so we could share a car. Later we found out that we were alumni! What are the odds! Knowing them was an amazing part of the journey. 

So, be spontaneous. Follow your hunches. Embrace the unexpected. 
Xuankong temple
Pingyao you won't see from travel guides

Next to a local Catholic church

No comments: