Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Debut presentation

"Aside from death, speaking in front of large audiences is the most feared activity for adults."


I read this from an HR training material, one chapter of which was about presentation skills, on a plane to Shenzhen where I was supposed to give a presentation to our affiliates last month.

Doing presentations in class used to be a task I hated most when I was in colleague. Usually quiet and low profile, I wasn’t confident or comfortable being stared at and judged by my peers.

But I had to do it as the job required. In a dimly lit conference room, there sat about 50 audiences. They were young and seemed easy to communicate. I suddenly felt relaxed as if a dose of tranquilizer had been injected into my body. Was it the only benefit of getting old – confidence in front of younger people?

No comments: