Monday, November 16, 2009

A stolen Monday

The weather is so abnormal this year. The first snow fell on the 1st of Nov. Two blizzards followed. Winter came before I was ready for it.

I have a cold. “You should rest.” My boss said. I’m actually fine except for the sore throat. Anyway, I’d better not stay in the office.

It’s a nice and quiet day at home. I made myself a pot of stewed pear and papaya with rock sugar. It’s easy but tastes great and good for the throat. In the afternoon I had a sound sleep and squeezed a moment to update my blog.

It’s REALLY CHILLY outside. The harsh climate alone convinces me that Beijing is not a city for ordinary humans. It’s for supermen. Think of the manual laborers working outdoors. They leave their homes for the big city and struggle for a better life. They suffer from the cold weather and things we may not know. Ah! Life is hard.

No comments: