Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This Is It

Michael Jackson’s This Is It premieres at 12mn. As staff members of Sony Pictures, each of us was given a movie ticket.

MJ’s fans must be dying for such a chance. But I won’t go tonight because it’s too late for me. I’m never a night owl. I can’t imagine myself wandering in a deserted street in the wee hours of the morning.

And I’m not alone. It’s even more unbelievable that some of our clients, who are of my age, also refused the offer saying the time is not good. Yes, it’s right the middle of the week and people are working tomorrow. My ticket finally goes to a colleague.

A wonderful night I dream of is staying at home, making a fire in the fireplace (if I had one) on a cold day, listening to the sounds of firewood crackling and spluttering, watching the little sparks in the dark and going to bed early, drifting into sleep with an unfinished book in my hand…

This will be a perfect end of a day.

No comments: